Snacking is one of the hardest habits to kick if you're overhauling your lifestyle. So what if we told you you don't need to ditch a quick bite between meals to stay on track?
Instead, making homemade snacks that are full of good stuff and keep you on target for the day can not only boost your intake of good stuff, but keep you full and satisfied too!
Judianne from Quick, healthy family meals has developed these sesame spinach balls that are the ideal nibble for an evening on the sofa or popped into a three compartment Igluu meal prep container as part of a filling lunch.
- 800g spinach
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
For the sauce
- 6 tbs tahini paste
- 80ml mirin
- 2 tbs soy
- 6 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbs water
- Wash the spinach then pop it into a large saucepan of boiling water until it wilts.
- Pour cold water over the wilted spinach to cool it and retain the colour.
- Make the sauce while the spinach cools but mixing all the sauce ingredients in a measuring jug.
- Using your hands, squeeze out the excess water then shape the balls.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Igluu meal prep containers are available to buy on our website or on Amazon.
Leave a comment